New Year, New Plans

Now that 2015 is here, it's only natural that we try to take a moment to reflect on how the last year went and how we want the next year to be.  In 2013, my sisters and I loaded up on swag that was meant to boost your cash flow - keychains, plastic gold coins, feng shui - anything to help bring the good karma to 2013.  That was then this is now.  2013 was nice, but 2014 was horrible for me.  I was laid off from my job that I loved for ever, and trying my hands on new ventures and new opportunities.  I'm still trying to find something that will challenge me and nurture me for the long term but I have been busy in the short term with writing projects, home DIYs, designing and creating new training modules, which leaves me very little time in the day to just craft or make jewelry.

So thinking about 2015, a part of me wants to say, better finances would be good; but there's also a part of me that says - thanks for the opportunity to re-think my life and open new doors!    I don't have "resolutions" per se but I definitely have a bucket list for the year.  So my 2015 bucket list is thus:
Protest mask. copyright
vgardner Nov 2014
Love myself.
Start a new career adventure..
Go on a trip.
Make more stuff.
DIY and work on the house inside and out.
Blog more.
Follow through.
Get out of your own way.
Take a chance.

These may be somewhat lame compared to the standard goals, but these are what I MUST do.  The last 6 months have been hectic.  I've had many many ups and downs.  Which has also forced me to REFLECT more on what's valuable and important in my life and reclaiming that understanding that I am in control of my own life (at least, as far as the Creator wants me to think it is). 

Today and every day in 2015.







Comments

Victoria said…
Update. See this mask? Someone just proposed a bill making wearing this illegal on a public street. It's a surgical mask yes? With a pretty embellishment?