craft day

we had craft day in my home last weekend, and these were some of the cards we made. i made the top five cards, sandy and adora made the rest. i think sandy made all the tags. we had so much fun - talking, eating, watching celine dion dvd, creating. for a moment things felt normal once again, and i could not believe i actually made 7 cards in one sitting! i think it's been months since i've done any crafting!

all through the day though it seemed to me that matthew was just going to walk out of our bedroom to eat lunch while we cut and pasted...but of course this was not to be...so thinking of that made me a little sad.

i've been going to the cemetery a few times in the last two weeks. i find great comfort in being in the same place where he is laid to rest...i just go and sit. the first time i went, i forgot to bring flowers and i had to pick (steal, really!) some flowers off the magnolia tree by his grave. the next few times, i remembered to bring flowers. it's not too far from my office so it's totally do-able over my lunchtime, even on my way home.

i finally bought tickets to fly to the philippines in august with my mom. i am looking forward to it, it's been three years, believe it or not! i hope to see some friends and to be with my family. i know that matthew would want me to go if i could work out my fare and my schedule. i miss him.

Comments