birthday day

today is matthew's birthday. i'm making it through i think. i went to the cemetery early in the morning with my mom. we brought flowers and prayed the rosary. then i had a small barbeque for my family, just burgers and hotdogs. it was fun - small and sweet but we had a lot of food. we ate a lot! the weather held up, it's still 75 degrees out there and it's almost 9 pm.

i really miss my hubby. still no dream. this morning though i asked him for a sign that he was with me - i've been having a very rough few weeks with my daughter. so when i got back in the car and turned the ignition on, guess what was playing - amy winehouse's "rehab" - that was my sign and i got it....my hubby was clean and sober for 25 years....

i'm sorry i havent written in a while. i've been busy with work. been going to two migrant camps now in bellingham and mt vernon - i work 16 hour days when the camps are going on. it's way crazy. but i love it. i do. i get home and pass out on my bed - then i gotta get up and do it all over again. some days i have to get to work at 730 am and don't come home till 11 pm.

its strawberry picking time. last week a family gave us a bag of strawberries. it was so sweet, so unlike what you get at the store....then come to find out that they only get paid $.16 cents per pound of strawberries they pick. And how much are strawberries at the store??? would you be willing to work all day for 16 cents a pound? just asking.

Comments