Art Rising 2017

I recently had the honor of being invited as an interactive artist in the recent reopening of Denny Park in South Lake Union.  This was an amazing open space within the Amazon world.  I had the opportunity to show my People Power 1986 posters, a depiction of the series of events and civil disobedience that marked the timeline of the People Power Revolution in the Philippines that resulted in the ouster of then President Ferdinand Marcos.  I got lots of great input from folks, even met a couple of Pinoys who were there at the EDSA revolution and it made me wonder how many Pinoys are actually here in Seattle who were at EDSA then.  I also showed some of my bracelets, bead work, paintings, and we also made some pine roses.  The sun came out and overall I enjoyed myself!  Even sold one of my paintings!

Comments