i passed!

today was the oral part of my general exams. i passed! i had four committee members who asked me questions. i was told it would be more like a conversation but it felt like q and a to me. they asked questions, i answered. they asked me what brought me to this point, what i learned in the coursework (which is a huge question), go through my capstone, rationale, how i see myself as a system leader, my areas of influence. there was a question where i almost got teary eyed but stopped myself. it was a question on the areas of influence and how community fit into my picture. i then said my community includes my family and my family's experiences. then i thought of matthew just for a moment and his illness and experience with health care.

david my boss was there and it was a bit challenging to have your boss there while you're being grilled. i didn't want to say the wrong thing, or imply anything. he was so proud of me and he even announced it to the students at the AAMN meeting. i was pretty happy.

after the exam, i went to Piatta at the U Village and had a late lunch (this was 330 by then), had a margarita and celebrated by myself. i hadn't eaten all day so it was nice to relax. i did get a little sad, seeing that i had no one to share the good news with. i couldn't stop crying while i was eating so i went to the restroom and cried. then i composed myself and went back out to continue lunch. i was ok after that but it's just those moments that make me really miss my husband. i did write allen since i hadn't heard from him in a while and mailed our absentee ballots and got a card for Amen's wedding.

today was a great day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
congratulations, ate! we are so proud of you. i can't wait to watch you walk down the stage when you graduate with your phd! thank you for mia's pictures. kala ko kung anong nakain mo at pinagkukunan mo ng picture si mia. may plano ka pala! hahaha! we love you sis!
CONGRATULATIONS VICTORIA!!!! I'm happy for you and sad of the emptiness that you feeling at the moment. We, your friends and your family are here to celebrate with you! Yap....WE LOVE YOU! :)