how i crashed the sold out adele concert

well, i had a partner in crime. pam and i tried to buy tickets to this sold out show like three weeks ago but instead met the security guy at Neumo's, D3. He told us to come back on the day of the show, and see if we can come in. So yesterday, the day of the concert, we decided to take him up on his offer and head over to Moe Bar. i thought that since D3 was being nice about it, that i would take him a gift - a set of purple huskies jogging suit that was matthew's and it seemed to me the right size for D3. So i take this with us and go to moe bar and wait. when i first saw D3, i was like, remember us from three weeks ago, you said to come back and see if you can let us in to the show (the nerve, huh?) well we are here at the bar, so let us in! he's like well you didn't email me and you were supposed to email me, blah blah blah. well he didn't give us his email address then, so of course we didn't know were supposed to do this. so it didn't seem real hopeful at that point, since he was like, "i can't do anything for you....wait to see if the ticket taker leaves his post..."

so we wait a little bit more, we grab another round of drinks and see D3 outside the bar. We told him we needed to get something for him from the car, does he like purple, what size does he wear, etc…so we walked back to the car and grab the jogging suit. It’s a really nice one, I got it for matthew from the UW surplus store, it was issued by the UW athletic dept for the football players so I knew it would fit him – he’s a big guy. So we came back to the bar, find D3 outside and I approach him and give him the jogging suit. He introduces me to some guy, I don’t even know who this guy was, maybe he was the owner or something. I go back to the bar, and pam goes outside to tell him, if the suit is too big, he can shrink it with hot water in the laundry. So at that point, he gives her the ticket stubs which we use to get in to the sold out show!!!!! Can you tell how excited we were to be there???? Just look at us and how beaming I look!



Ive talked often about how much I love adele and her voice, and this 20 year old is something. Of course my favorite song of hers is the Bob Dylan cover, make you feel my love, which I have featured on this blog before. The thrill of being able to hear her sing my song live, and to enjoy with my best friend Pam beside me was just amazing. For the first time in a long time, I was really really happy. We were both in disbelief that we were even there, inside the show. I was really determined to get in there, I really wanted to be in there, and there was nothing that was going to stop me from doing so. And I have to say thank you to Matthew because I think the jogging suit did the trick. Even though it might fit or not fit, it was the thought that counted. After the concert, we thanked him and i even gave him a kiss on the cheek for being so kind. Can you believe that! It was just awesome to do what we did and to have so much fun doing it.


Neumo's Crystal Room is a smallish auditorium, very intimate, there might have been 300 people in there. It was SRO and there's easy access to the bar at Moe. Certainly becoming one of my favorite hang out places.....and the calamari isn't bad either!

I recorded her singing my song, so here it is. Hopefully you can play it just fine... Adele at Neumo's in Seattle, Jan 26 2009 singing "Make You Feel My Love" by Bob Dylan....


Comments

Anonymous said…
Way to Go Victoria!!!!! So glad you got in!
woohoo!!! yap, glad you got in!