my dear hubby is getting sicker and sicker now, requiring more full time attention. today was pretty tough, tougher than yesterday. he is pretty much needing tremendous assistance to walk but he insists on getting up and doing so, much to my dismay since I am so afraid he or I or both of us are going to fall down and hurt ourselves. I need to talk to the OT and social worker about that - how do you keep from falling? my mom and sister stopped by and it was great to have three women and still we couldnt navigate him good enough.
it hurts me to see him suffering so much. mentally he is very confused and has called me by his sister's name a few times. i think he comes and goes and sometimes doesnt remember who i am. it breaks my heart but i know this is the disease that is doing this to him...
but here's how else I am blessed - yesterday my coworkers stopped by and delivered bags and bags of food from trader joes and got me a gift card for delicious planet so i can order precooked food that is delivered to my home. isnt that awesome! i was so touched, it is totally unexpected and i am just overwhelmed by the support and the love. matthew even managed to say thank you through all his pain and discomfort, and i know he meant every word. we are so blessed to have friends like so many of you who have stopped to say a kind word, a prayer, cooked a meal, and so much more. we are truly blessed and overwhelmed by the kindness and prayers we are receiving from everyone. my only prayer is that whatever kindness you have shown to us, you will also receive in deed and words many times over. thank you...

Comments