too full!

I am in the philippines visiting. i arrived aug 3rd after a long 16 hour trip from seattle. I am exhausted but so looking forward to the rest. I took this trip for therapy, it's been a rough year. I just needed to get away from work, from the stresses of the year, from the long journey of my husband's illness and loss. My mom decided to come along as well since she hasnt been home in 10 years. So here we are. i am very happy to be with my two sisters. i have missed them so much. sometimes we need breaks like this when we can physically and mentally detach from the everyday routine. i dont have any huge itineraries, just time with family and friends.


this is us eating at Max in Ali Mall Cubao. We were enjoying our halo halo! yummy...


do you see me admiring the umbrella?


This is Tata, Bridgette and Fan eating dinner at home last night, we had smoked fish and bittersweet melon with rice.


oops, I had my hair cut at Trinoma mall. I really like my hair cut!


this is my uncle, auntie, mom and sister Cherry eating Krispy sisig at Dencio's at the mall.
so we've done nothing but eat filipino food since we've been here. When we got here Sunday night we went straight to the Tapsi place to eat tapas-sinangag (fried rice) and eggs. It hit the spot. Then the next day we went to the mall to the exchange booth, and went shopping right away. I think I've spent half my allowance in two days! and I still have 2 and a half weeks to go!

Today my sister Cherry and friend Nini went to the market to get some tropical fruits - we had santol, lanzones, atis, and avocado, mangos and bananas. It was really good and fresh, I had not had these in a long long time. These traditional fruits are not anywhere near Seattle!

Tomorrow we head over to Baclaran for first Wednesday mass. I may also see my high school girlfriends. We're planning a short weekend trip this Friday.

Today we also went to the Sanctorium to visit my cousin who passed away last year. It was quite emotional for us. He was only 21 when he died of heart failure. I still have to visit my brother's grave - the rain has made it a bit hard to navigate the city. I still have to see the sun, as it has rained every day since i've been here and its been cloudy. It's warm though, about 88 degrees and 70% humidity. I feel pretty comfortable though with the weather, it hasnt been too bad, in fact it's been tolerable.

So i'm pretty excited about going to church tomorrow, it's sort of a tradition to go to church on the first Wed of every month.

Ok, i gotta go, Allen's dad is here to pick something up from me. I will keep you posted!

Comments

Sandy Wiley said…
awesome pics! your hair looks fabulous!
omg, crispy sisig!!! sarap sarap!!!
yap, i love you hair!!!